Here are some basic steps you should take to protect your Facebook profile. From a PC or Mac do the following.
- Click on the down arrow in the upper right of your Facebook page
- Go to “Settings & Privacy”
- Click on “Privacy Checkup”
- Open “Who Can See What You Share”
- Scroll through and select what information should be “Only me”, “Public”, “Friends” or “Custom” to create a specific list of people who can see your information.
“Public” means anyone who goes to your Facebook page can see it. “Friends” means only those people who you are Facebook friends with.
The “Privacy Checkup” option allows you to view other settings and see how secure your account is.